Collection ID: 0001 | Metadata type: TEI
LJS 108 Manuscript leaf from Interpretationes Hebraicorum nominum
TitleManuscript leaf from Interpretationes Hebraicorum nominum
Other related names
- Leeche, John, 14th century, former owner
- Barker-Benfield, B. C, former owner
Call numberLJS 108
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 5760266
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Leaf containing entries beginning with the letter G, from Gaas to Gareb. The leaf was written in England, ca. 1220, in early Gothic book script, in 2 columns of 32 lines, with the first line of text above the line, frame-ruled in lead. Initials, paragraph marks, and line-fillers in red.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
Extent1 item (1 leaf) : 206 x 150 (145 x 115) mm
- Part of manuscript formerly owned by John Leeche or Leech; possibly the John Leeche who bequeathed 57 manuscripts to Lanthony Priory, near Gloucester, ca. 1361.
- Sold at auction at Sotheby's with other items formerly owned by B. C. Barker-Benfield of the Bodleian Library, 14 Dec. 1977, lot 7, to Lawrence J. Schoenberg.
- Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2012.
- Hebrew language--Etymology--Early works to 1800
- Etymological dictionaries
- Manuscripts, Latin--13th century
- Manuscripts, Medieval