Collection ID: 0001 | Metadata type: TEI
LJS 180 Mechanical diagrams
Other related names
- Phillipps, Thomas, Sir, 1792-1872, former owner
- Kraus, Hans Peter, 1907-1988, former owner
- Stanitz, John D, former owner
Call numberLJS 180
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 5783302
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
LanguageHeadings and a note in French
Diagrams related to industrial production: 2 of large systems of gears and axles and 1 of metal components, anvils, and furnaces perhaps related to forge operations. The diagrams are labeled with plate and figure numbers, have watercolor washes, and are signed L. F. D. 1783.
- Separated from manuscript formerly owned by Sir Thomas Phillipps, ms. 18505 (pencil note on verso of one diagram, Kraus?).
- Sold as part of the residue of the Phillipps collection first to William H. Robinson Ltd., 1945, and again to H. P. Kraus, Mar. 1978; part of Kraus's ms. 836.
- Formerly owned by John D. Stanitz (Cleveland, Ohio), as part of Ms. 11.
- Acquired by Lawrence J. Schoenberg with other Stanitz manuscripts, Sept. 1997.
- Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2012.
- Technology--Early works to 1800
- Pen-and-wash drawings
- Manuscripts, French--18th century
- Manuscripts, European
ljs180_item2_ref2.tif (111.4 MB)
ljs180_item2_ref2_thumb.jpg (3.6 KB)
ljs180_item2_ref2_web.jpg (189.8 KB)
ljs180_item2_ref3.tif (111.4 MB)
ljs180_item2_ref3_thumb.jpg (3.9 KB)
ljs180_item2_ref3_web.jpg (192.0 KB)