Collection ID: 0001 | Metadata type: TEI
LJS 180 Biography of Charles Jean Laubert :
TitleBiography of Charles Jean Laubert :
Other related names
- Kraus, Hans Peter, 1907-1988, former owner
- Stanitz, John D, former owner
Call numberLJS 180
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 5783344
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Brief biography of the French doctor and chemist Charles Jean Lambert, with particular attention to his efforts to extract indigo from Isatis tinctoria (woad) in 1788.
- Formerly owned by Hans Peter Kraus, as part of ms. 836.
- Formerly owned by John D. Stanitz (Cleveland, Ohio), as part of Ms. 11.
- Acquired by Lawrence J. Schoenberg with other Stanitz manuscripts, Sept. 1997.
- Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2012.
- Technology--Early works to 1800
- Dyes and dyeing--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, French--18th century
- Manuscripts, European