Collection ID: 0001 | Metadata type: TEI
LJS 180 Request for government subsidy :
TitleRequest for government subsidy :
Other related names
- Kraus, Hans Peter, 1907-1988 (former owner)
- Stanitz, John D (former owner)
Call numberLJS 180
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 5783304
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Request, signed Hoffman, Paris, 27 February 1789; to an unnamed government official, for a subsidy to develop cultivation of the madder plant in France for use in textile dye. A note at the top in another hand suggests that Hoffman at least obtained an audience in response.
- Formerly owned by Hans Peter Kraus, as part of ms. 836.
- Formerly owned by John D. Stanitz (Cleveland, Ohio), as part of Ms. 11.
- Acquired by Lawrence J. Schoenberg with other Stanitz manuscripts, Sept. 1997.
- Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2012.
- Technology--Early works to 1800
- Dyes and dyeing--Early works to 1800
- Madder--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, French--18th century
- Manuscripts, European