Collection ID: 0001 | Metadata type: TEI
LJS 180 E. Nash letter
TitleE. Nash letter
- Nash, E
Other related names
- Kraus, Hans Peter, 1907-1988, former owner
- Stanitz, John D, former owner
Call numberLJS 180
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 5783306
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Letter dated 23 July 1836 to the directors of the British Cotton Manufacture Company offering information about a method for producing wicks from cotton, which according to the inventor give better light than wicks of "foreign Turkey yarn," in return for financial compensation, at a level to be determined based on the comprehensiveness of the patent to be sought by the company. The bifolium of the letter was folded for mailing and has an address and sealing wax on what was the exterior.
- Formerly owned by Hans Peter Kraus, as part of ms. 836.
- Formerly owned by John D. Stanitz (Cleveland, Ohio), as part of Ms. 11.
- Acquired by Lawrence J. Schoenberg with other Stanitz manuscripts, Sept. 1997.
- Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2012.
- Patents--Great Britain
- Manuscripts, English--19th century
- Manuscripts, European