Collection ID: 0001 | Metadata type: TEI
LJS 212 Manuscript leaf from expense records
TitleManuscript leaf from expense records
Other related names
- Stanitz, John D, former owner
Call numberLJS 212
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 5760490
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Record of expenses for mills, mostly fulling mills, in Poligny in the Jura region in eastern France. Fulling mills were facilities for cleansing and felting woolen fabrics. The entries include payments for equipment (for example, a millstone, hammers for fulling, and nails), transport, and labor. The expenses on this leaf are entered under the heading Molins Giraut Barthoz. The entries are written in chancery script by a single hand in 2 columns of 63 lines, a wide column on the left for information about each expense and a narrow column on the right for the cost, ruled in lead.
- Ms. leaf.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
Extent1 430 x 298 mm
- Appears in Sam Fogg's cat. 16 (1995), no. 69.
- Formerly owned by John D. Stanitz (Cleveland, Ohio), Ms. 43.
- Acquired by Lawrence J. Schoenberg with other Stanitz manuscripts, Sept. 1997.
- Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2012.
- Accounting--France--14th century
- Mills and mill-work--Early works to 1800
- Textile industry--France--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, French--14th century
- Manuscripts, Medieval