Collection ID: 0001 | Metadata type: TEI
LJS 271 Niccolò di Giovanni Machiavelli receipt
TitleNiccolò di Giovanni Machiavelli receipt
- Machiavelli, Niccolò di Giovanni
- Pitti, Alfonso
- Spinelli, Nicolo, 16th cent
Other related names
- Schoenberg, Lawrence J, former owner
Call numberLJS 271
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 9950003033503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Record of receipt of cloth from Giovanni di Luigi Soderini, signed by Niccolò di Giovanni Machiavelli and dated 28 December 1531 in Florence, with later attestations by Florentine merchants Alfonso Pitti and Nicolo Spinelli, dated 12 and 13 December 1532. Written in three cancellaresca hands.
Extent1 item (1 leaf) : 330 x 228 mm
- Sold by Antica libreria antiquaria Luigi Gonnelli & figli (Florence), July 1998.
- Gift of Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2011.
- Textile industry--Italy--Early works to 1800
- Receipts (financial records)
- Manuscripts, Italian--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 16th century
- Financial records
- These images and the content of Rare Book & Manuscript Library LJS 271: Niccolò di Giovanni Machiavelli receipt are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.