Collection ID: 0001 | Metadata type: TEI
LJS 271 Niccolò di Giovanni Machiavelli receipt
TitleNiccolò di Giovanni Machiavelli receipt
- Machiavelli, Niccolò di Giovanni Machiavelli, Niccolò di Giovanni
- Pitti, Alfonso Pitti, Alfonso
- Spinelli, Nicolo, 16th cent Spinelli, Nicolo, 16th cent
Other related names
- Schoenberg, Lawrence J, former owner
Call numberLJS 271
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 5000303
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Record of receipt of cloth from Giovanni di Luigi Soderini, signed by Niccolò di Giovanni Machiavelli and dated 28 December 1531 in Florence, with later attestations by Florentine merchants Alfonso Pitti and Nicolo Spinelli, dated 12 and 13 December 1532. Written in three cancellaresca hands.
Extent1 330 x 228 mm
- Sold by Antica libreria antiquaria Luigi Gonnelli & figli (Florence), July 1998.
- Gift of Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2011.
- Textile industry--Italy--Early works to 1800
- Receipts (financial records)
- Manuscripts, Italian--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance