Collection ID: 0001 | Metadata type: TEI
LJS 272 Pattern-book of bridles and bits
TitlePattern-book of bridles and bits
Call numberLJS 272
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 5762675
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Drawn in Germany (Sotheby's) in the 17th century.
Collection of approximately 45 drawings of bridles, curbs, and bits, mostly on recto, with no text.
WatermarkLily with leaf on either side of stem; 2 crossed arrows with 6-pointed star; 5-step ladder with 6-pointed star; letter R.
Extent49 leaves : 400 x 273 mm. bound to 400 x 280 mm
CollationPaper, 49; 1¹⁰ 2⁴(+1) 3-4¹² 5¹⁰.
BindingModern brown paper board; a few of the largest drawings slightly affected by trimming at bottom edge (f. 1-3).
LayoutMost pages ruled with 3 verticals and various horizontals, in lead.
- Sold at auction at Sotheby's, 26 June 1998, lot 441, to Lawrence J. Schoenberg.
- Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2012.
- Animal culture--Early works to 1800
- Bridles--Early works to 1800
- Horsemanship--Equipment and supplies--Early works to 1800
- Drawings (visual works)
- Manuscripts, German--17th century
- Manuscripts, European
Inside front cover
0107_0001.tif (96.8 MB)
0107_0001_thumb.jpg (3.0 KB)
0107_0001_web.jpg (215.8 KB)