Collection ID: 0001 | Metadata type: TEI
LJS 272 Pattern-book of bridles and bits
TitlePattern-book of bridles and bits
Call numberLJS 272
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 5762675
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Drawn in Germany (Sotheby's) in the 17th century.
Collection of approximately 45 drawings of bridles, curbs, and bits, mostly on recto, with no text.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
WatermarkLily with leaf on either side of stem; 2 crossed arrows with 6-pointed star; 5-step ladder with 6-pointed star; letter R.
Extent49 leaves : 400 x 273 mm. bound to 400 x 280 mm
CollationPaper, 49; 1¹⁰ 2⁴(+1) 3-4¹² 5¹⁰.
BindingModern brown paper board; a few of the largest drawings slightly affected by trimming at bottom edge (f. 1-3).
- Sold at auction at Sotheby's, 26 June 1998, lot 441, to Lawrence J. Schoenberg.
- Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2012.
- Animal culture--Early works to 1800
- Bridles--Early works to 1800
- Horsemanship--Equipment and supplies--Early works to 1800
- Drawings (visual works)
- Manuscripts, German--17th century
- Manuscripts, European
Inside front cover
0107_0001.tif (96.8 MB)
0107_0001_thumb.jpg (3.0 KB)
0107_0001_web.jpg (215.8 KB)