Collection ID: 0001 | Metadata type: TEI
LJS 273 Waldipertus land grant document
TitleWaldipertus land grant document
- Waldipertus, son of Adelpertus
Other related names
- Schoenberg, Lawrence J, former owner
Call numberLJS 273
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 4996549
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Document written on parchment in Benevento, Italy, in 821, recorded in the document as the fifth year of the principate of Sicone (Licone di Aurenza). Record of a grant of level land in Murtula by Waldipertus (Gualdipertus), son of Adelpertus, to Lupus, Lampertus, Amipertus, and Walpertus (Gualpertus), sons of Bonepertus; Radeprandus, son of Radulus; and Adelprandus, son of Ragimpertus. Signed by 5 or 6 witnesses. Written in a single column of 23 lines in the provincial chancery script that developed from Ravenna cursive and from which developed Beneventan bookhand, already in use by this date. A 16th-century description on the verso incorrectly dates the manuscript to 854.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
Extent1 item (1 leaf) : 423 x 150 mm
- Sold by Maggs Bros., Aug. 1998., to Lawrence J. Schoenberg.
- Gift of Lawrence J. Schoenberg & Barbara Brizdle, 2010.
- Real property--Italy--9th century
- Legal documents
- Manuscripts, Latin--9th century
- Manuscripts, Medieval