Collection ID: 0001 | Metadata type: TEI
LJS 325 Collation of L'ethica d'Aristotile ridotta in compendio
TitleCollation of L'ethica d'Aristotile ridotta in compendio
- Alderotti, Taddeo, 1223-1295
Other related names
- Latini, Brunetto, 1220-1295, attributed name
- Pinelli, Noel, 1881-1970, former owner
Call numberLJS 325
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6097957
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
- after 1568
France or Italy
Printed edition of L'ethica d'Aristotile ridotta in compendio da Ser Brunetto Latini (Lyon: Giovanni de Tornes, 1568), followed by a manuscript collation of the printed edition with a manuscript copy, with variants listed in two columns with the headings Nello stampato and Nella copia. The manuscript collation begins with a note that the manuscript used for the comparison belonged to Giovanni Vincenzo Pinelli. The printed work is an Italian commentary on Aristotle's Nicomachean ethics often attributed to Latini as in the printed work but correctly attributed in the heading of the manuscript to Taddeo Alderotti (Taddeo Medico, f. 1r).
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
WatermarkSimilar to Briquet Armoiries-Etoile 1441 (Naples, 1582).
Extent14 leaves : 210 x 145 mm bound to 216 x 160 mm
FoliationPaper, 14 (manuscript leaves only); [1-9], 10-12, [13-14]; foliation in ink, mostly trimmed away, upper right recto.
Binding18th-century paste paper over cardboard.
- Formerly owned by Noel Pinelli (French politician, Paris; bookplate, inside upper cover).
- Sold at auction at Christie's, 10 September 1999, lot 4, to Lawrence J. Schoenberg.
- Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2013.
- Ethics--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Italian--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- Inside front cover — Bookplate, Inside front cover
Inside front cover
0051_0001.tif (29.0 MB)
0051_0001_thumb.jpg (4.7 KB)
0051_0001_web.jpg (363.6 KB)
Decoration: Bookplate, Inside front cover