Collection ID: 0001 | Metadata type: TEI
LJS 325 Collation of L'ethica d'Aristotile ridotta in compendio
TitleCollation of L'ethica d'Aristotile ridotta in compendio
- Alderotti, Taddeo, 1223-1295
Other related names
- Latini, Brunetto, 1220-1295, attributed name
- Pinelli, Noel, 1881-1970, former owner
- Schoenberg, Lawrence J, former owner
Call numberLJS 325
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9960979573503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
- after 1568
France or Italy
Printed edition of L'ethica d'Aristotile ridotta in compendio da Ser Brunetto Latini (Lyon: Giovanni de Tornes, 1568), followed by a manuscript collation of the printed edition with a manuscript copy, with variants listed in two columns with the headings Nello stampato and Nella copia. The manuscript collation begins with a note that the manuscript used for the comparison belonged to Giovanni Vincenzo Pinelli. The printed work is an Italian commentary on Aristotle's Nicomachean ethics often attributed to Latini as in the printed work but correctly attributed in the heading of the manuscript to Taddeo Alderotti (Taddeo Medico, f. 1r).
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
WatermarkSimilar to Briquet Armoiries-Etoile 1441 (Naples, 1582).
Extent14 leaves : 210 x 145 mm bound to 216 x 160 mm
FoliationPaper, 14 (manuscript leaves only); [1-9], 10-12, [13-14]; foliation in ink, mostly trimmed away, upper right recto.
Binding18th-century paste paper over cardboard.
- Formerly owned by Noel Pinelli (French politician, Paris; bookplate, inside upper cover).
- Sold at auction at Christie's, 10 September 1999, lot 4, to Lawrence J. Schoenberg.
- Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2013.
- Gift of Barbara Brizdle Schoenberg, 2016.
- Ethics--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Italian--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 16th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts LJS 325: Collation of L'ethica d'Aristotile ridotta in compendio are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- Inside front cover — Bookplate, Inside front cover
Inside front cover
0051_0001.tif (29.0 MB)
0051_0001_thumb.jpg (4.7 KB)
0051_0001_web.jpg (363.6 KB)
Decoration: Bookplate, Inside front cover