Collection ID: 0001 | Metadata type: TEI
LJS 41 Megilat Ester ... etc.
TitleMegilat Ester ... etc.
Other related names
- Schoenberg, Lawrence J, former owner
Call numberLJS 41
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9957979413503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
The Book of Esther written on 3 gatherings removed from a miscellany. The first leaf of the first gathering begins with the last 7 verses of the Book of Lamentations, the work that preceded the Book of Esther in the miscellany. The last leaf of the last gathering has been replaced by an added leaf on which are written 2 piyutim or liturgical poems (Asher heni, whose beginning is not on the leaf, and Shoshanat Yaʻaḳov) used at Purim along with the Book of Esther.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
Extent16 leaves : 87 x 65 (53 x 40) mm
CollationParchment, 16; 1⁸ 2-3⁴.
BindingEarly parchment over pasteboards.
- Sold at auction at Swann Galleries, 11 December 1988, lot 206A, to Lawrence J. Schoenberg.
- Gift of Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2010.
- Manuscripts, Hebrew--15th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 15th century
- Literature -- Poetry
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts LJS 41: Megilat Ester ... etc. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
Inside front cover
0332_0001.tif (19.2 MB)
0332_0001_thumb.jpg (4.3 KB)
0332_0001_web.jpg (248.1 KB)