Collection ID: 0001 | Metadata type: TEI
LJS 41 Megilat Ester ... etc.
TitleMegilat Ester ... etc.
Other related names
- Schoenberg, Lawrence J, former owner
Call numberLJS 41
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 5797941
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
The Book of Esther written on 3 gatherings removed from a miscellany. The first leaf of the first gathering begins with the last 7 verses of the Book of Lamentations, the work that preceded the Book of Esther in the miscellany. The last leaf of the last gathering has been replaced by an added leaf on which are written 2 liturgical poems (Asher Heini, whose beginning is not on the leaf, and Shoshanat Yaʻaḳov) used at Purim along with the Book of Esther.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
Extent16 leaves : 87 x 65 (53 x 40) mm
CollationParchment, 16; 1⁸ 2-3⁴.
BindingEarly parchment over pasteboards.
- Sold at auction at Swann Galleries, 11 December 1988, lot 206A, to Lawrence J. Schoenberg.
- Gift of Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2010.
- Manuscripts, Hebrew--15th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
Inside front cover
0332_0001.tif (19.2 MB)
0332_0001_thumb.jpg (4.3 KB)
0332_0001_web.jpg (248.1 KB)