Collection ID: 0001 | Metadata type: TEI
LJS 431 Manuscript list of manuscript and printed books
TitleManuscript list of manuscript and printed books
- Páez de Castro, Juan, active 16th century
Other related names
- La Serna Santander, Carlos Antonio de, 1752-1813, former owner
- Phillipps, Thomas, Sir, 1792-1872, former owner
Call numberLJS 431
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 9957624903503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
List of 33 works; at least 13 entries include publication information such as city of publication, printer, or date of publication; publishers include Robert Estienne of Paris and Joannes Oporinus and Robert Winter of Basel; dates range from 1530 to 1543. Most of the works are by classical authors, with several noted to be translations. The list is written in italic script on a single leaf removed from a larger volume, possibly foliated 136. 2 entries, for a book printed in 1509 by Aldo Manuzio and a book printed by Chrestien Wechel, added at the end in the hand of Spanish bibliographer Juan Páez de Castro (Kraus).
- Ms. leaf.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
Extent1 item (1 leaf) : 308 x 215 mm
- Formerly part of a manuscript owned by Carlos Antonio de La Serna Santander (Kraus).
- Formerly part of a manuscript owned by Sir Thomas Phillipps, ms. 4135 (Kraus).
- Sold by H. P. Kraus, cat. 219 (2002), no. 292, to Lawrence J. Schoenberg.
- Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2012.
- Books and reading--History--16th century
- Classical literature--Early works to 1800
- Printing--History--16th century
- Book catalogs
- Manuscripts, Latin--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 16th century
- Literature -- Prose
- These images and the content of Rare Book & Manuscript Library LJS 431: Manuscript list of manuscript and printed books are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.