Collection ID: 0001 | Metadata type: TEI
LJS 444 Ḥall al-Mūjiz
- Aqsarāʼī, Muḥammad ibn Muḥammad, active 14th century
Other related names
- Astarābādī, Kamāl al-Dīn Maḥmūd, scribe
- ʻAbd al-Fattāḥ al-Qāṭin, former owner
- Ismāʻīl ibn al-Ḥājj ʻĪsá Jurayj al-Muhannā, former owner
- al-Ḥājj ʻAbd al-Qādir ibn al-Sayyid ʻAbd Allāh Efendi al-Asṭawānī, former owner
- ʻAbd Allāh Efendi al-Asṭawānī, former owner
Call numberLJS 444
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 9959031653503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Dated 22 Shawwāl A.H. 884 (6 January 1480), with replacement leaves added in the 18th century.
- A.H. 884 (1480)
Commentary on the epitome (Mūjiz) by Ibn al-Nafīs of Avicenna's Canon on medicine (Qānūn fī al-ṭibb). Notes laid in after f. 142, 222
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
Extent246 leaves : mm. bound to mm. +
FoliationPaper, 246 + i (18th-century?) ; [i-v, 1], 2-240, ; contemporary foliation in ink with eastern Arabic numerals, upper left recto. Catchwords on each leaf, lower left verso.
BindingContemporary (late 15th-century) pasteboards, remnant of 17th-century cloth spine, covers detached.
- Formerly owned by ʻAbd al-Fattāḥ al-Qāṭin, Tabriz, Persia.
- Formerly owned by Ismāʻīl ibn al-Ḥājj ʻĪsá Jurayj al-Muhannā, Rabi II A.H. 1195 (March-April 1781, inscription on front pastedown).
- Formerly owned by al-Ḥājj ʻAbd al-Qādir ibn al-Sayyid ʻAbd Allāh Efendi al-Asṭawānī.
- Formerly owned by ʻAbd Allāh Efendi al-Asṭawānī, A.H. 1239 (1823 or 1824).
- Sold at auction at Bonhams & Butterfields, 14 Nov. 2002, lot 3001, to Lawrence J. Schoenberg.
- Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2012.
- Medicine--Early works to 1800
- Medicine, Arab
- Manuscripts, Arabic--15th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 15th century
- Science -- Medicine
- These images and the content of Rare Book & Manuscript Library LJS 444: Ḥall al-Mūjiz are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
Inside front cover
0319_0001.tif (45.9 MB)
0319_0001_thumb.jpg (6.0 KB)
0319_0001_web.jpg (347.4 KB)