Collection ID: 0001 | Metadata type: TEI
LJS 456 Kitāb al-Siyāsah fī tadbīr al-riyāsah
TitleKitāb al-Siyāsah fī tadbīr al-riyāsah
Other related names
- Aristotle, attributed name
Call numberLJS 456
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 5844667
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Probably written in Andalusia, dated A.H. 797 (1394; colophon, f. 22r).
- A.H. 797 (1394)
Popular treatise presented as a letter from Aristotle to Alexander the Great on statecraft, astronomy, astrology, magic, and medicine.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
Extent22 leaves : 256 x 186 (190 x 130) mm. bound to 256 x 202 mm
FoliationPaper, i (19th-century?) + 22 + i (19th-century?) leaves; [169-212], modern pagination in ink, upper center.
Binding19th-century morocco with flap on lower cover, blind-tooled and blind-stamped.
- Sold at auction at Christie's, 14 Oct. 2003, lot 23, to Lawrence J. Schoenberg.
- Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2012.
- Education of princes--Early works to 1800
- Kings and rulers--Duties--Early works to 1800
- Political ethics--Early works to 1800
- Astronomy--Early works to 1800
- Islamic magic--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Arabic--14th century
- Manuscripts, Medieval
Inside front cover
0346_0002.tif (44.0 MB)
0346_0002_thumb.jpg (8.0 KB)
0346_0002_web.jpg (480.6 KB)