Collection ID: 0001 | Metadata type: TEI
LJS 460 Gathering from Ikhtiṣār min al-maqālāt min kitāb Uqlīdis
TitleGathering from Ikhtiṣār min al-maqālāt min kitāb Uqlīdis
Call numberLJS 460
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 4805622
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
From a parent manuscript (LJS 37) written in Fatimid Egypt, Iraq, or Syria, dated A.H. 1 Jumada 502 (Dec. 1108) and A.H. 4 Ramadan 504 (30 Mar. 1111).
- A.H. 502-504 (1108-1111)
Egypt, Iraq, or Syria
One gathering, perhaps partial, from an epitome or abridgement in Arabic of Euclid's Elements, written on paper.
Extent8 leaves : 188 x 100 (145 x 60) mm
CollationPaper, 8 ; 1⁸.
LayoutWritten in 15 long lines; ruled with a mistara with approximately 8 mm. between lines, a standard measurement for manuscripts written in Egypt.
ScriptWritten in naskh script.
- From a parent manuscript (LJS 37) that was in Persia in the 18th century.
- LJS 460 sold at auction at Christie's, 17 Oct. 2003, lot 407, to Lawrence J. Schoenberg.
- Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2011.
- Geometry--Early works to 1800
- Mathematics, Greek
- Manuscripts, Arabic--12th century
- Manuscripts, Medieval