Collection ID: 0001 | Metadata type: TEI
LJS 475 Andrea Amadio botanical illustrations
TitleAndrea Amadio botanical illustrations
- Amadio, Andrea
Call numberLJS 475
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania., Rare Book & Manuscript Library Web)
- bibid: 5983979
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Leaf from an illustrated herbal on paper in the Dioscorides tradition with papyrus and fern depicted on the recto and clivia or iris on the verso, with notes in multiple hands. Illustrated in watercolor, probably in Venice or Belluno, circa 1415.
- Title supplied by cataloger (viewed on 13 September 2013).
- Dimensions of original manuscript: 300 x 182 mm.
Extent1 online resource (1 leaf) :
- Sold by Jörn Günther, cat. 30, no. 16, to Lawrence J. Schoenberg.
- Materia medica--Early works to 1800
- Botany, Medical--Early works to 1800
- Botany--Pictorial works--Early works to 1800
- Watercolors (paintings)
- Manuscripts, Latin--15th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance