Collection ID: 0001 | Metadata type: TEI
LJS 492 Medical miscellany
Other related names
- Assemani, Antonio, former owner
- Sarti, Emiliano, 19th cent, former owner
- Amari, Michele, 1806-1889, former owner
Call numberLJS 492
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 4762411
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
- between 1425 and 1475
Gathering from a medical miscellany in Hebrew, containing chapters 14 to 18, covering the diagnosis and treatment of fevers, headaches, and stomach ailments, with some focus on the testing of urine.
- Ms. gathering.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
Extent8 leaves : 293 x 207 (205 x 120) mm
- Ownership inscription or attribution: Le medecina d' Renisio de Gio. Antonio Cos[...]azi (f. 1r).
- Formerly owned by Antonio Assemani, Emiliano Sarti, and Michele Amari.
- Sold at auction at Sotheby's, 8 Jul. 2008, lot 16, to Lawrence J. Schoenberg.
- Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2011.
- Medicine, Medieval
- Urine--Analysis--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Hebrew--15th century
- Manuscripts, Medieval
- Manuscripts, Renaissance