Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Misc Mss (Large) Box 1 Folder 14 Miscellaneous manuscripts (Large)
TitleMiscellaneous manuscripts (Large)
- Capps, Robert Capps, Robert
- Salter, Thomas Salter, Thomas
Call numberMisc Mss (Large) Box 1 Folder 14
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 9958704143503681
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Record of a land transaction involving a transfer of an acre and 3 rods of arable land from Robert Capps to Thomas Salter and his heirs. A list of names near the top of the document includes Franciscus Tilney (whose name also appears in the first line of the document), Georgius Eloy, Robertus Tilney, Franciscus Capps, Robertus Capps, and Thomas Eloy. The land is possibly in Cuddenham or Coddenham in Suffolk, or in East Tuddenham in Norfolk. In secretary script; a later hand, perhaps late 17th or 18th century, has added the note Capps ad Salter in the left margin.
Extent1 370 x 200 mm
- Real property--England--Early works to 1800
- Legal documents
- Manuscripts, Latin--17th century
- Manuscripts, European
- These images and the content of Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Misc Mss (Large) Box 1 Folder 14: Miscellaneous manuscripts (Large) are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.