Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
ASU 3740 Mahābodhivaṃsa granthipāda
Call numberASU 3740
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania., Rare Book & Manuscript Library Web)
- bibid: 5444506
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Buddhist text; glossary of the text Mahābodhivaṃsa, a story of bringing Bodhi tree to Sri Lanka; this text is used in modern monastic colleges to teach Pali language.
- Title supplied by cataloger (viewed on May 17, 2012).
- Written in 9 lines per leaf.
- 97 leaves foliated [i], 1-94, [i-ii], left margin, alternating Sinhala and arabic numerals, recto and verso.
- Dated 1881?
- Mistakes crossed out; some corrections and additions in margins.
- Ornately painted and varnished wood covers.
- Dimensions of original manuscript: 44 x 6 cm.
Extent1 online resource (97 leaves) :
- Original held by Arizona State University Libraries.
- Buddhism--Sri Lanka
- Pali language--Glossaries, vocabularies, etc
- Manuscripts, Pali--19th century
- Manuscripts--Sri Lanka--19th century
- Manuscripts, Digital
Inside front cover-[i recto
2784_0001.tif (57.9 MB)
2784_0001_thumb.jpg (2.6 KB)
2784_0001_web.jpg (93.8 KB)
Ii verso]-Inside back cover
2784_0098.tif (57.9 MB)
2784_0098_thumb.jpg (2.6 KB)
2784_0098_web.jpg (97.6 KB)