Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
ASU 3970 Mahābodhivaṃsa
Call numberASU 3970
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania., Rare Book & Manuscript Library Web)
- bibid: 5444499
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
LanguageIn Pali ǂb (Sinhalese)
Buddhist text; story of bringing Bodhi tree to Sri Lanka; this text is used in modern monastic colleges to teach Pali language.
- Title supplied by cataloger (viewed on May 17, 2012).
- Written in 7-8 lines per leaf.
- 87 leaves foliated [i, 1], 2-86, left recto in Sinhala, right recto in arabic numerals.
- Dated June 30, 1863 in arabic numerals in same scribal hand (f. 86r).
- Mistakes crossed out; some corrections and additions in margins.
- Plain, varnished wood covers.
- Dimensions of original manuscript: 48 x 7 cm.
Extent1 online resource (87 leaves) :
- Original held by Arizona State University Libraries.
- Buddhism--Sri Lanka
- Bodhi Tree
- Buddhist literature
- Pali literature
- Sri Lankan literature
- Manuscripts, Pali--19th century
- Manuscripts--Sri Lanka--19th century
- Manuscripts, Digital
Inside front cover-[i recto
2785_0001.tif (50.2 MB)
2785_0001_thumb.jpg (2.4 KB)
2785_0001_web.jpg (95.7 KB)
fol. 86v-Inside back cover
2785_0088.tif (50.2 MB)
2785_0088_thumb.jpg (2.3 KB)
2785_0088_web.jpg (102.3 KB)