Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
CAJS Rar Ms 228 Los dos tratados del Papa, i de la Misa.
TitleLos dos tratados del Papa, i de la Misa.
- Valera, Cipriano de, 1532?-1625
Call numberCAJS Rar Ms 228
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies)
- bibid: 9968536053503681
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
- after 1588
Two anti-Catholic treatises on the papacy and the Mass, first printed in 1588, likely copied from the printed edition, based on the close match of the marginal notes and index to a later printed edition. An index to names of popes at the end of the manuscript covers most of the first treatise.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied from printed edition of work.
Extent234 leaves : 210 x 135 mm bound to 220 x 165 mm
FoliationPaper, ii (20th-century) + i (19th-century) + 234 + ii (20th-century) leaves; 1-460, [461-468], later foliation in ink, upper outer corners.
Binding20th-century library cloth, title in ink on spine: History of the popes.
- Inscriptions by French owners from the 1880s and 1890s on a flyleaf (p. v), including a note about a visit to Spain (sejour d'Espagne).
- Formerly in the library of the Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning (bookplate inside upper cover).
- Catholic Church--Controversial literature--Early works to 1800
- Papacy--Early works to 1800
- Mass--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- Manuscripts, Spanish--16th century
- These images and the content of Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies, CAJS Rar Ms 228: Los dos tratados del Papa, i de la Misa. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
Inside front cover
5586_0001.tif (73.6 MB)
5586_0001_thumb.jpg (3.7 KB)
5586_0001_web.jpg (310.0 KB)
cajs_rarems_228_wk1_body_0483_ref.tif (229.4 MB)
cajs_rarems_228_wk1_body_0483_ref_thumb.jpg (2.0 KB)
cajs_rarems_228_wk1_body_0483_ref_web.jpg (81.2 KB)