Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
CAJS Rar Ms 26 Pesiḳta rabata.
Other related names
- Shimson ben Gavriʼel, scribe
- Cohen, Abraham, 1887-1951, former owner
Call numberCAJS Rar Ms 26
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies)
- bibid: 9924613943503681
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
LanguageHebrew, with introduction in Italian
Collection of Midrash with an introduction in Venetian dialect (Italian-Spanish mix). Although identified at the top of the first page as Pesikta de-rav Kahanah, an inscription at the end of the text refers to it as Pesikta rabata. An introduction to the work is found on leaves 186-195.
- Ms. codex.
- Title from colophon.
- Byname: London manuscript.
- Item cataloged from digital facsimile and existing description.
Extent195 leaves : 207 x 138 (165 x 95) mm bound to 215 x 155 mm
FoliationPaper, i (19th-century) + i + 195 + i (19th-century); 1-184, [185-195], contemporary foliation in ink with Hebrew letters upper left recto and with arabic numerals upper right verso. Gatherings A-H (each 5 bifolia) signed A-H, lower left recto of first leaf.
Binding19th-century library cloth; almost detached from block, sewing broken; title stamped in ink on spine, Pesikta Rabbathi.
ColophonColophon: Tam nishlamah ha-yom yom 1. koah le-mispar Bene Yiśraʼel shenat 291 poh Kaśṭilyo ʻa. y. Shimson y. ts. ṿ. bakhar Gavriʼel a.
- Formerly owned by Dr. Abraham Cohen (London).
- Formerly held in the library of the Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning (bookplate inside right cover).
- Manuscripts, Hebrew--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- These images and the content of Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies, CAJS Rar Ms 26: Pesiḳta rabata. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
Inside front cover
5665_0001.tif (65.7 MB)
5665_0001_thumb.jpg (3.5 KB)
5665_0001_web.jpg (238.3 KB)
cajs_rarms26_wk1_body0401ref.tif (229.4 MB)
cajs_rarms26_wk1_body0401ref_thumb.jpg (2.8 KB)
cajs_rarms26_wk1_body0401ref_web.jpg (98.9 KB)