Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
CAJS Rar Ms 38 Reshut le-nishmat le-Fesah leha-R. Binyamin. / רשות לנשמת לפסח לה״ר בנימין
TitleReshut le-nishmat le-Fesah leha-R. Binyamin. / רשות לנשמת לפסח לה״ר בנימין
- Biniyamin ben Yoʼav, mi-Roma
- Ibn Gabirol, active 11th century
Other related names
- Amram, David Werner, 1866-1939, former owner
- Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning, former owner
Call numberCAJS Rar Ms 38
(420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19106-3703., University of Pennsylvania, Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies)
- bibid: 9924292273503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Vellum bifolium of 2 non-consecutive leaves from a Siddur according to the Roman rite. Leaf 1 consists of the piyut "Reshut le-nishmat le-Fesah" which is sung after Hallel during Shaḥarit of Pesaḥ ; Leaf 2 verso includes part of the baḳashah "Kol be-ruʼe maʻalah" attributed to Rabbi Shlomo Ibn Gabirol.
- Ms. leaves.
- Title from caption.
- Item cataloged from digital facsimile and existing description.
- At bottom of leaf 1 verso: "Reshut le-nishmat le-Shavuʻot le-R. Yoʼav min ha-keneset, z.l.h.h."
Extent2 leaves : 125 x 95 (70 x 55) mm
- Gift of David Werner Amram to Dropsie College, 1924.
- Formerly held in the Library of the Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning.
- Jewish religious poetry
- Judaism--Roman rite--Liturgy--Texts
- Mansucripts, Hebrew--15th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- Detached leaves
- 15th century
- Prayer book
- These images and the content of Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies CAJS Rar Ms 38: Reshut le-nishmat le-Fesah leha-R. Binyamin. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.