Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 22 2nd Kings 5:8-13
Title2nd Kings 5:8-13
Call numberHalper 22
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
LanguageJudeo-Arabic; Hebrew; Arabic
12th century-13th century?
- Wide margins; lines cramped; left rule justified using one or two characters from the following word; II Kings V 8 ואף 13- ישראל.
- Condition: folded widthwise; 1v left blank (according to Halper, "2 paper leaves" : "originally it seems to have been one sheet, upon one side of which (not folded) was a letter in Arabic character, the lines being written lengthwise ... Some time later the letter was folded int two, and upon 1a was copied part of the burial service [...] in a Yemenite square hand").
Extent15.5 X 10.3 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Jewish mourning customs
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 22: 2nd Kings 5:8-13 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.