Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 38 Haftarot for Minḥah of Yom Kippur, First day of Sukkoth, with Masorah magna and parva
TitleHaftarot for Minḥah of Yom Kippur, First day of Sukkoth, with Masorah magna and parva
Call numberHalper 38
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
12th century-13th century?
- Text breaks marked after end of Jonah, and after Zechariah XIII 9; From a collection of Haftarot with Masoretic annotations, containing end of Jonah (IV 8-11) and a paragraph from Micah (VII 18-20) which comprise the Haftarah for Minḥah Yom Kippur; Followed by, in the middle of the verso, the heading לראשון של סוכה דשור או כשב (alluding to the Torah reading for the first of Sukkoth- Lev. XXII 26- XXIII 44)/ בתרי עשר;the Haftarah for the first of Sukkoth (Zechariah XIII 9-XIV). This fragment contains up to XIV 2 למלחמה.
- Condition: complete; recto is faded.
Extent17.9 X 13.2 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Yom Kippur , Liturgy , Texts
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 38: Haftarot for Minḥah of Yom Kippur, First day of Sukkoth, with Masorah magna and parva are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.