Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 41 Targum Onḳelos, Leviticus 4:10-8:
TitleTargum Onḳelos, Leviticus 4:10-8:
Call numberHalper 41
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
LanguageOfficial Aramaic (700-300 BCE); Imperial Aramaic (700-300 BCE)
12th century-13th century?
- Vocalization appears to be later hand; Hebrew lead word of each verse denoted by dashes (")before and after Divine name יי'י; Onḳelos on Leviticus IV 10 מתור to the end of VIII 9. A Hebrew lead-word is provided at the beginning of each verse; There is a major text division is at the end of the weekly portion Ṿa-yiḳra signified by the sign פרש', and minor text breaks signified by open spaces, unrelated to the standard Masoretic biblical parashah subdivisions; A few readings vary from the common version, including an additional word in IV 24; marginalia, mostly addenda.
- Condition: consecutive; tear, damage along lower edge; lacking 1-4 lines from upper edge; marginalia.
Extent23 X 23.5 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 41: Targum Onḳelos, Leviticus 4:10-8: are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.