Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 46 Part of Sa'adia Gaon's translation of the Pentateuch, Leviticus 26:34-44
TitlePart of Sa'adia Gaon's translation of the Pentateuch, Leviticus 26:34-44
Call numberHalper 46
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
- Hebrew lead word is signified by a sof pasuḳ before and after; The folio contains Leviticus XXVI 34 פי בלד- ibid. 44 [הדה אלא[מור; parallel to the edition published by Derenbourg: Version arabe du Pentateuque de r. Saadia ben Iosef al-Fayyoúmi / [Joseph Derenbourg [trans.]. Paris : E. Laroux, 1893, p. 186-187, with a few minor variants. A Hebrew lead-word is provided at the beginning of each verse.
- Condition: losses in exterior edge.
Extent15.5 X 10.1 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 46: Part of Sa'adia Gaon's translation of the Pentateuch, Leviticus 26:34-44 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.