Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 48 Translation and commentary on 2nd Samuel 11:23-24, 2nd Samuel 12:3-4
TitleTranslation and commentary on 2nd Samuel 11:23-24, 2nd Samuel 12:3-4
- Japheth ben Ali,10th cent.
Call numberHalper 48
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
12th century-13th century?
- Hebrew verses are in enlarged square characters, with full vocalization and partial cantillation; The commentary appears to be largely philological; fol. 1 contains the Hebrew text of II Samuel XI 23-24, with Arabic translation after each verse; followed by an extensive comment on this paragraph; fol. 2 is from the commentary on XII 3-4; Identical to the text found in the complete version of Japheth on Samuel, MS. Lausanne I. Elisha 17.
- Condition: non-consecutive; losses in lower exterior corner; faded and illegible.
Extent21.6 X 15.2 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Karaitic literature
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 48: Translation and commentary on 2nd Samuel 11:23-24, 2nd Samuel 12:3-4 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.