Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 48 Translation and commentary on 2nd Samuel 11:23-24, 2nd Samuel 12:3-4
TitleTranslation and commentary on 2nd Samuel 11:23-24, 2nd Samuel 12:3-4
- Japheth ben Ali,10th cent. Japheth ben Ali,10th cent.
Call numberHalper 48
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
12th century-13th century?
- Hebrew verses are in enlarged square characters, with full vocalization and partial cantillation; The commentary appears to be largely philological; fol. 1 contains the Hebrew text of II Samuel XI 23-24, with Arabic translation after each verse; followed by an extensive comment on this paragraph; fol. 2 is from the commentary on XII 3-4; Identical to the text found in the complete version of Japheth on Samuel, MS. Lausanne I. Elisha 17.
- Condition: non-consecutive; losses in lower exterior corner; faded and illegible.
Extent21.6 X 15.2 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Karaitic literature
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 48: Translation and commentary on 2nd Samuel 11:23-24, 2nd Samuel 12:3-4 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.