Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 59 Judeo-Arabic commentary on Psalms 105:21-24; Psalms 106:1-3
TitleJudeo-Arabic commentary on Psalms 105:21-24; Psalms 106:1-3
Call numberHalper 59
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
11th century-12th century?
- In the interior margin of 2a is three-line addendum; Hebrew biblical citations are partially vocalized; divine name is יי'י; The articles of commentary are cursory, not on the entire text but on specific terms therein; instead of incipits, the biblical citation is quoted, with the introduction וקאל or ואלקול. A new article starts ובעדה קאל; Fol. 1 contains articles on the terms מושל and שריו in CV 21-22, followed by one on the term in 23, and ends in the beginning of an article on 24; Fol. 2 contains the end of an introduction to Psalm CVI, and the beginning of the commentary, which starts אפתתח אלמשורר, with articles on terms in verses 1-3.
- Condition: non-consecutive; marginalia.
Extent27.9 X 17 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 59: Judeo-Arabic commentary on Psalms 105:21-24; Psalms 106:1-3 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.