Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 61 Commentary on the Megilot (partial): Song of Solomon 7:4-7; Summary of Ruth
TitleCommentary on the Megilot (partial): Song of Solomon 7:4-7; Summary of Ruth
- Levi ben Gershom,1288-1344 Levi ben Gershom,1288-1344
Call numberHalper 61
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
- Biblical verses in enlarged characters; vocalization and cantillation in later hand; Fol. 1 contains the commentary on Song of Solomon VII 4 to the end of 7; fol. 2 is from the introduction to Ruth, presented, as is customary in Gersonides, in numbered To'alot (purposes); The folio contains To'elet 9-16, which is the end of the essay (in the published edition, Koenigsburg, p. 24). The author signs at the end that he completed the essay on Rosh Ḥodesh of Nissan 89 (=1329) as in ms. Rome, Biblioteca Casanatense 3094.
- Condition: non-consecutive, complete.
Extent26.6 X 19.3 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 61: Commentary on the Megilot (partial): Song of Solomon 7:4-7; Summary of Ruth are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.