Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 63 Judeo-Arabic commentary on the Haftarot (Shabat Shuvah / Seventh day of Passover)
TitleJudeo-Arabic commentary on the Haftarot (Shabat Shuvah / Seventh day of Passover)
Call numberHalper 63
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
12th century-13th century?
- Fol. 1 is from Hosea XIV 10 and Micah VII 18, which comprise the conclusion of the Haftarah reading for Sabbath Shuva; fol. 2 is on II Samuel XXII 1-2, the beginning of the Haftarah for the Seventh day of Passover; Hebrew verses beginning each article are in enlarged squared characters, with vocalization and cantillation.
- Condition: non-consecutive; losses in upper edge, fol. 1 lacking most of the upper exterior corner (3-4 lines).
Extent25.4 X 18.4 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Shabbat shubah , Early works to 1800
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 63: Judeo-Arabic commentary on the Haftarot (Shabat Shuvah / Seventh day of Passover) are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.