Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 65 Judeo-Arabic summary of Daniel 4:34-6:7
TitleJudeo-Arabic summary of Daniel 4:34-6:7
Call numberHalper 65
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
LanguageJudeo-Arabic; Official Aramaic (700-300 BCE); Imperial Aramaic (700-300 BCE)
11th century-12th century?
- Aramaic lead word placed between cola; Compared to Sa'adia Gaon's translation, this one is relatively loose and condensed, detached from the original text; format is as in the customary Arabic translations; Aramaic lead-word provided at beginning of each verse; The text is divided into chapters, the beginning of chapter V (fol. 1r l. 7) is headed קיצת בלשאצר, and the beginning of chapter VI (Fol. 2r l. 2)קיצת דריוש. The name Jerusalem (V 2)is translated מדינת אלסלאם.
- Condition: damaged, losses from exterior edge.
Extent15.2 X 17.8 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 65: Judeo-Arabic summary of Daniel 4:34-6:7 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.