Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 68 Hebrew-Judeo-Arabic glossary of 1st Kings 5:3-7:29
TitleHebrew-Judeo-Arabic glossary of 1st Kings 5:3-7:29
Call numberHalper 68
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
11th century-12th century?
- The fragment contains uncommon words from I Kings V 3 בריאים- VII 29 מורד and in the opposite column, their respective one-word definitions in Arabic; two words remain with no definition; Some words appear in the list twice, matching their biblical appearances.
- Condition: loss in lower external corner; stained, faded.
Extent13.7 X 14.8 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Judeo-Arabic language , Glosaries, vocabularies, etc Early works to 1800
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 68: Hebrew-Judeo-Arabic glossary of 1st Kings 5:3-7:29 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.