Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 71 Judeo-Arabic treatise on Biblical language
TitleJudeo-Arabic treatise on Biblical language
Call numberHalper 71
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
11th century-12th century?
- Vocalized as necessary; Fol. 1 is from an article whose subject is apparently Psalms LXXV 9, drawing parallels to Obadiah I 16, Jeremiah XX 15 and other examples of the same symbolism. The subject of the next article is Job III 3, citing ibid. X 17; IV 12; Examples of the term שממה are cited. Fol. 2 contains examples in which the prefix ו introduces the predicate. In the margin of fol. 1v is a note: ענואן, decorated in a manner commonly used as biblical text breaks.
- Condition: consecutive, nearly complete.
Extent14 X 11.7 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Hebrew language , Grammar , Early works to 1800
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 71: Judeo-Arabic treatise on Biblical language are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.