Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 76 Mishnah, Nedarim 9:10-Nazir 3:2
TitleMishnah, Nedarim 9:10-Nazir 3:2
Call numberHalper 76
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
- Recto includes Nedarim XI, starting with Mishnah 10 "נערה שלא בגרה" to the end of tractate; the beginning of Nazir, under the heading "[..] פירקא קדמאה". Ends at the end of Nazir I 7; Verso missing the beginning of Nazir II 1, starts "בית שמ]י אומרים]" to ibid. III 2 "[הראשונים יו[ם"; A complete fol. from this codex measures 28.8 X 22.5 cm; Divided into numbered text units ('Halakhot'); lists the sum of Halakhot at the end of the chapters, and the sum of chapters at the end of the tractate; The variant readings from this fragment where incorporated in the critical edition of Nazir (Israel Hershler, ed.): Yerushalyaim : Mekhon ha-Talmud ha-Yiśreeli ha-shalem, 1985 (description on p. 42.); Remnants of at least 33 folios from this codex have been gleaned from the Genizah, almost all are from Seder Nashim and Seder Taharot; The most complete listing of the fragments of this codex was assembled by Israel Yeivin: Masoret ha-lashon ha-ʻIvrit ha-mishtaḳefet ba-niḳud ha-Bavli / Israel Yeivin. Yerushalayim : ha-Aḳademyah la-lashon ha-ʻIvrit, 1985, p. 194; Descriptions and portions of the text have been published. C.B Freidman, Zur Geshichte der alsten Mischna-Uberlieferung, JJLG XVIII, 1927, pp. 265-288; P. Kahle-J. Weinberg, Hebrew Union College Annual, v. 10 (1935), pp. 185-222, and Hebrew Union College Annual, v. 12-13 (1937-1938), p. 275-325.
- Condition: damaged; loss of one line at top; loss of third to half of interior edge; blurred.
Extent26.6 X 14.6 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Hebrew language, Talmudic , Particles
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 76: Mishnah, Nedarim 9:10-Nazir 3:2 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.