Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 84 Midrash rabbah, Leviticus 25:2-26:3
TitleMidrash rabbah, Leviticus 25:2-26:3
Call numberHalper 84
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
LanguageHebrew; Official Aramaic (700-300 BCE); Imperial Aramaic (700-300 BCE)
10th century-11th century?
- Text breaks marked with a space; Begins with XXV par. 2 (first words are missing) to XXVI towards the end of par.3 ראה אמ' ליה; Parallel, in published edition, to Margulies, 1953: Midrash Ṿa-yiḳra rabah / Mordekhai Margaliyot. Yerushalayim, 1953-1960, vol. 3, p. 570 l. 1 -p. 593 l. 6; This fragment was not used in the edition, though mentioned among the fragments (vol. V, 1960, p. 8 no. 15).
- Condition: damaged, and losses along upper edge; fol. 1, losses in lower exterior corner; also extant a detached fragment from upper edge.
Extent27.9 X 19 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Hebrew language, Talmudic
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 84: Midrash rabbah, Leviticus 25:2-26:3 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.