Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 85 Digest of Talmud Yerushlami aggadot (Rosh ha-shanah I, 4 - Ta'aniyot IV, 2)
TitleDigest of Talmud Yerushlami aggadot (Rosh ha-shanah I, 4 - Ta'aniyot IV, 2)
Call numberHalper 85
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
LanguageHebrew; Official Aramaic (700-300 BCE); Imperial Aramaic (700-300 BCE)
13th century-14th century?
- Some completions in margins; vocalization, sporadic, where necessary; The end of an article is signified by a sof pasuḳ, (or alternatively two horizontal puncti)and a space; Published by L. Ginzburg in Ginze Shekhṭer vol. I, 1928 pp. 387-429 [Ginze Shekhṭer. New York, JTS, 1928-1928, v. 1, p. 387-429]. The text is divided into chapters (matching the Talmudic division); on fol. 1v the editor mentions that there are parallel sources in Midrash Shemuel and in She'iltot; The fascicle contains excerpts from Rosh ha-shanah I 4 to Taʹaniyot IV אנשי משמר היו מתענין כל יום, arranged in their Talmudic order; An additional folio from the same ms., the one that precedes fol. 1 here, was published by Ginzburg in Śeride ha-Yerushalmi, pp. 152-153 (Śeride ha-Yerushalmi / Louis Ginzburg. Hildeshim ; New York : G. Olms, 1970, p. 152-153); The peculiar sequence of tractates Rosh ha-shanah - Taʹanit is also found in the editio-princeps of the Mishnah (Naples 1492).
- Condition: complete; foliated (at top of fol. 1: (? (8 or possibly (? (5).
Extent15.5 X 11.4 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Hebrew language, Talmudic
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 85: Digest of Talmud Yerushlami aggadot (Rosh ha-shanah I, 4 - Ta'aniyot IV, 2) are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.