Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 98 Judeo-Arabic glossary to the Mishnah
TitleJudeo-Arabic glossary to the Mishnah
Call numberHalper 98
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
11th century-12th century?
- Entry endings marked with a punctus; The fragment contains definitions of rare words or terms in Mishnah, Horayot (the first legible entry: עולה ויורד found in Horayot II 9), Avot, Zevaḥim and Menaḥot (until XI 4 יה"ז); Although numerous copies of Gaonic Mishnah glossary have been found in Genizah, this is the only fragment extant from this section of Mishnah.
- Condition: losses along entire length of interior edge.
Extent15.2 X 14 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Hebrew language, Talmudic , Judeo-Arabic , Dictionaries Early works to 1800
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 98: Judeo-Arabic glossary to the Mishnah are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.