Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 99 Rashi's commentary on the Talmud, ʹEruvin 88b-89b
TitleRashi's commentary on the Talmud, ʹEruvin 88b-89b
- Rashi, 1040-1105.
Call numberHalper 99
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
LanguageHebrew; Official Aramaic (700-300 BCE); Imperial Aramaic (700-300 BCE)
12th century-13th century?
- Talmudic text breaks, including chapter endings, the beginning of Gemarah (גמ') and topical subdivisions (פיס') are presented in enlarged, squared characters; end of articles marked with a sof pasuḳ; Contains the commentary on 88b, in the common edition of Rashi l. 33 שיעור ד׳ אמות, through the end of chapter 8, and the beginning of chapter 9, on 89b, ibid. l. 25 שיש מחיצה על זה; This is the bifolium missing in Oxford Bodleian Heb. d. 68 (Cowley Catalog 2836, 2) between fols. 3 and 4; Compared to the latter Ashkenazic mss, the text here presents significant variants, and omits passages which may have been later additions.
- Condition: consecutive, complete.
Extent17.3 X 13.3 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Hebrew language, Talmudic
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 99: Rashi's commentary on the Talmud, ʹEruvin 88b-89b are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.