Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 118 Midrash on Psalm 62
TitleMidrash on Psalm 62
Call numberHalper 118
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
LanguageHebrew; Official Aramaic (700-300 BCE); Imperial Aramaic (700-300 BCE)
10th century-11th century?
- End of an article denoted by a circle between two spaces; A fragment from an antique Aggadic text. The fragment opens with Aggadic passages on the importance of learning, even greater than deeds. A known passage here is that of R. Jose found in Talmud Kiddushin 40b (= Sifri 41 in the name of R. Jose the Galilean); There are also Amoraic passages that have no known parallel in Talmud and Midrashim; The only incipit is (recto l. 9) פזר נתן לאביונים (Psalms CXII 9) indicating that Psalms is probably the subject of this Midrash. The content of this article is structured of lengthy allegories and homilies, with no recognized parallels in Talmud and Midrashim.
- Condition: torn, with losses in interior edge; faded.
Extent17.1 X 11.4 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 118: Midrash on Psalm 62 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.