Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 119 Ethical will
Call numberHalper 119
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
13th century-14th century?
- Text breaks denoted by a punctus, plus 2-5 spaces; The fragment contains an essay on the merits of charity. The author often opens a paragraph with the address: בניי. The author relies heavily on Talmudic and Midrashic texts, introduced as א[מרו] חז"ל, or נמצא באגדה.
- Condition: complete, attached (forming outer sheet of fasc. [Halper]); damage.
Extent20.4 X 14.3 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Wills, Ethical
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 119: Ethical will are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.