Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 126 Sefer ha-Eshkol, Tefilin
TitleSefer ha-Eshkol, Tefilin
- Abraham ben Isaac,ca. 1110-1179. Abraham ben Isaac,ca. 1110-1179.
Call numberHalper 126
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
LanguageHebrew; Official Aramaic (700-300 BCE); Imperial Aramaic (700-300 BCE)
- Outer sheet of fascicle; text breaks are denoted by 2 spaces; Fol. 1 contains the text parallel to, in the printed edition of Albeck: Abraham ben Isaac, of Narbonne. Sefer ha-Eshkol / Ḥanokh Albeck [ed.]. Yerushalayim : R. Mas, 1934-1938. , p. 226 l. 22 הויות מלגיו – p. 227 l. 13 [שהגשר בלש[ון. After one missing bifolio, fol. 2 resumes at p. 229 l. 10 בן לקיש – l. 32 [טובים [לאו זמן; A non-consecutive paper bifolium, damaged and slightly missing in the lower interior corner. 13 lines per page. The left rule is justified by the downward slanting of the exceeding word. Text breaks are signified by 2 empty spaces; This is from the only known Oriental copy of this work, probably antedating the two European mss. used in the Albeck edition; Halper erroneously attributes this to Alfasi, on Tefillin (after Menaḥot, chapter 3).
- Condition: non-consecutive; torn, faded, loss in lower interior corner.
Extent17.1 X 13.2
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Jewish law
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 126: Sefer ha-Eshkol, Tefilin are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.