Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 140 Gaonic Talmud digest, Shabat 62a-66b; 73a-74b
TitleGaonic Talmud digest, Shabat 62a-66b; 73a-74b
Call numberHalper 140
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
LanguageHebrew; Official Aramaic (700-300 BCE); Imperial Aramaic (700-300 BCE)
11th century-12th century?
- Text break denoted by two spaces; The text summarizes the halakhic material in its Talmudic order, with additional hermeneutic comments; Fol. 1 is based on Shabbat 62-66 with very little additional material; fol. 2 is based on ibid., 73-74 with more extensive post-Talmudic supplements; It is possible that some of this supplementary text may have influenced Ḥananel ben Ḥushiel, as there is some similarity between them. This is particulalry so in Ḥananel's comment at the end of 74b, presented in the name of יש מי שאומרים, which appears here verbatum; Primitive plenum orthography. Examples: מעיקארא; חמארא; דפאריס; בוריר; דסאליק.
- Condition: non-consecutive (Halper: outer sheet of fasc.); damage at center of the interior edge.
Extent19.7 X 14.9 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Sabbath , Early works to 1800
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 140: Gaonic Talmud digest, Shabat 62a-66b; 73a-74b are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.