Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 147 From a Rabbinic treatise in Judeo-Arabic on laws of inheritance; prohibitions against robbery and oppression
TitleFrom a Rabbinic treatise in Judeo-Arabic on laws of inheritance; prohibitions against robbery and oppression
Call numberHalper 147
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
12th century-13th century?
- Text breaks denoted by two open spaces; Mostly deals with the inheritance of a wife, citing Numbers XXXVI 2-3, 11-12 and Mishnah Bekhorot VIII 10. Yet, this is apparently a digression. After a text break, the narrative returns to the subject of robbery and oppression; This discussion opens with a mention of [פסר אלאבא זכ[רונ.] לב[רכה, referring to the Ancient Fathers, meaning the Tannaitic sources, as Sifra is cited in this paragraph (Ḳodashim, par. II 9).
- Condition: nearly complete, loss in lower interior corner.
Extent20.3 X 14.6 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Larceny (Jewish law)
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 147: From a Rabbinic treatise in Judeo-Arabic on laws of inheritance; prohibitions against robbery and oppression are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.