Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 149 Maḥazor for Shemini ʹatseret, Sabbath of Sukkot:
TitleMaḥazor for Shemini ʹatseret, Sabbath of Sukkot:
Call numberHalper 149
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
13th century-15th century?
- Text breaks denoted with a sof pasuḳ; The recto and first line of the verso contain basic instructions for services and Torah reading for Shemini 'atseret (which is also Simḥat Torah, although no mention of this is made here); The verso continues with the instructions for the Sabbath of Sukkoth, which ends the 'Order of Sukkoth' (including Shemini ʹatseret), signed כמל תרתיב אלסוכה. This is followed by the first line of the following section: נכתוב תרתיב אלחנוכה; The Torah and Haftarah readings for these days are identical with the commonly accepted ones.
- Condition: nearly complete.
Extent18.7 X 10.1 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Shemini Atzeret , Liturgy Texts
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 149: Maḥazor for Shemini ʹatseret, Sabbath of Sukkot: are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.