Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 164 Gaonic responsum on the sale of preserves with leaven contents after Passover
TitleGaonic responsum on the sale of preserves with leaven contents after Passover
- Ḥai ben Sherira, Ḥai ben Sherira,
Call numberHalper 164
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
LanguageHebrew; Official Aramaic (700-300 BCE); Imperial Aramaic (700-300 BCE)
10th century-12th century?
- The full version of this lengthy responsum appears in the collection published by S. Asaf: Teshuvot ha-Geʾonim / Simhah Assaf [ed.]. Jerusalem : Hebrew University, 1927, no. 7, p. 29-32; Otsar ha-geʾonim / B. Lewin [ed.]. Haifa ; Jerusalem, [s.n.], 1928-1943, v. 3, no. 133, the text parallel to this fragment is found there, p. 50 l. 26 אית בהכין – p. 51 l. 5 מין איסור; Talmudic excerpts can be gleaned from the text, including passages from Pesaḥim 5b and 30a.
- Condition: fragment, from center or lower section of fol.; faded; verso is blank.
Extent13 X 22.5 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Responsa , To 1040
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 164: Gaonic responsum on the sale of preserves with leaven contents after Passover are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.