Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 178 Prayer book, Morning Blessings of the recitation of the Shemaʹ
TitlePrayer book, Morning Blessings of the recitation of the Shemaʹ
Call numberHalper 178
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
12th century-13th century?
- One marginal addition of a missing word, probably in the hand of the original scribe; The vocalization reflects, at some points, the phonetic character of Yemenite vocalization, where pataḥ is used for segol, e.g.: וַעַד; The folio includes most of the second Blessing of the Shemaʹ sequence אהבת עולם. The reading is similar to that in Sidur Rav Seʹadyah Gaʾon, 'ed. Davidson et al. 1963, p.14, but toward the end there is much expansion, close to that which is found in the Siddur of Solomon of Sujulmassa (in the published edition, from ms. Oxford Bodleian 899, S. Croizer, 1995, pp. 12-13).
- Condition: nearly complete.
Extent11.7 X 10.4 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Judaism , Liturgy , Texts
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 178: Prayer book, Morning Blessings of the recitation of the Shemaʹ are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.