Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 193 Prayer, probably to be inserted after the Birkat ha-mazon at a wedding or Berit
TitlePrayer, probably to be inserted after the Birkat ha-mazon at a wedding or Berit
Call numberHalper 193
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
12th century-14th century?
- A folio, possibly ephemeral, and not necessarily from a codex. It contains an list of 17 prayer verses starting with הרחמן י, in which the following verbs are ordered alphabetically. This prayer line is found towards the end of the Grace after Meals, with tendency for flexibility and improvisation, particularly in special feasts; In this list a line with the letters ט, י and ת are omitted, but a line starting with י are omitted, but a line starting with is added in the margin of the recto; sporadic vocalization.
- Condition: non-consecutive, complete; versi are blank.
Extent16.4 X 12.7 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Judaism , Prayer-books and devotions Hebrew
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 193: Prayer, probably to be inserted after the Birkat ha-mazon at a wedding or Berit are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.