Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 200 Maḥazor for Rosh ha-Shanah
TitleMaḥazor for Rosh ha-Shanah
Call numberHalper 200
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
13th century-16th century?
- Incipits are in enlarged, squared characters over a space; A fragment from a complete version of the Rosh ha-Shanah services, including the text of regular blessings; The fragment starts at the end of the Morning ʹAmidah, from the sixth blessing מדור לדור נודה to the end, followed by the prayer Avinu Malkenu (18 verses), similar to the version found in Siddur Rav Amram Gaon (Seder Rav Amram Gaʾon. Warsaw, 1865, p. 45) with a few minor variants and four additional verses; Instructions on the Torah reading (first day) and Shofar blowing follow, in 11 lines of Judeo-Arabic, in a smaller, more cursive hand; Under the headline עלות מוסף ראש השנה is the beginning of the Musaf service. The fragment reaches the High Holiday supplements to the third blessing, up to משיחך במרה בימינו.
- Condition: complete, consecutive.
Extent22.2 X 15.5 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Rosh ha-Shanah , Liturgy , Texts
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 200: Maḥazor for Rosh ha-Shanah are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.