Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 201 Fragment from a supplicatory prayer
TitleFragment from a supplicatory prayer
Call numberHalper 201
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
12th century-13th century?
- Text breaks denoted by three spaces; The fragment appears to be from a prayer of the Baḳashah type, in which emphasis is put on the limitations and timeliness of man contrasted to the infinity of God. Comparable in content to Saadia's second Baḳashah; Biblical phrases are used: Psalms CXLIV 4 and XXV 6, Job XIV 1.
- Condition: slightly damaged, loss in interior edge.
Extent13.8 X 8.8 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Prayer , Judaism
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 201: Fragment from a supplicatory prayer are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.